The Business Operations Associate works closely with the Chief Operations Officer and Shepherd Financial Partners management team to effectively and efficiently manage and improve internal business operations. This role is responsible for areas involving smooth day-to-day office and building management and technology, human resources, and compliance support. This position is dedicated to and accountable for a scalable office infrastructure combining people, process, and technology in order to support outstanding client service and the growth plans of Shepherd Financial Partners and individual advisors.
Above all, the Business Operations Associate will have a strong commitment to ensuring an efficient, optimal business environment that is suited to the personal and professional needs of all team members. They are responsible for fostering an exemplary work environment, which is conducive to serving our clients in the best way possible. This person enters into a community of passionate individuals, committed to clients, the community, and the success of the entire team.
Office management (25%)
- Staying on top of routine, day-to-day office management tasks, such as office maintenance, supply replenishment, administrative work, vendor due diligence, and responding to team members’ needs.
Technology Operations Support (30%)
- Assisting with technological needs of the team
- Managing IT support and upkeep of technologies and equipment
- Staying up-to-date on current technologies used and evaluating ways to make current products and processes more efficient and streamlined
- Drive evaluation and implementation of new technologies
- Working with the team to develop a streamlined file organization system through our current server and continual maintenance
Business Operations (25%)
- Fostering a positive, engaged team culture, by assisting and planning team building activities, outings, and initiatives.
- Leading onboarding efforts for new hires, by coordinating necessary paperwork, scheduling training programs, etc.
Compliance Support (20%)
- Support Chief Compliance Officer and COO in annual risk assessment, including cybersecurity policies and testing, business contingency planning and testing, etc.
- Perform regular and recurring compliance reporting and testing
- Acquire knowledge of LPL systems and ensure investment related compliance tasks are performed efficiently and timely
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, business related (finance, accounting, or marketing, etc.) preferred
- 2 years of experience in the financial services industry. Experience in Operations an added plus
- Experience in working with LPL Financial an added plus
Attributes, skills and knowledge:
- An enthusiasm to contribute to the success of the team by responding to various needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible in working environments and with time
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Mac environment and Microsoft Office applications
- Basic knowledge of CRM (Salesforce, Redtail) and accounting experience a plus