Who We Are
Shepherd Financial Partners is looking for its next team member to join our hardworking, motivated and community-focused team of financial advisors, investment professionals, and dedicated service team members. We are committed to providing personalized financial plans to help our clients achieve their goals and live the lives they have always dreamed. Joining Shepherd Financial Partners not only means working with brilliant seasoned and young professionals, but learning from and being supported by all members of the team to grow and build your career. Every role plays a critical part in the success of the firm, and we champion a community where every voice and opinion is heard and valued.
The financial advisor is responsible for providing clients of Shepherd Financial Partners (SFP) with planning and investment advice in the pursuit of their financial goals. They work with the SFP team to deliver a proactive and meaningful service experience. The financial advisor manages the end-to-end client relationship including, onboarding clients, gathering data, conducting research, creating financial plans, recommending goals-based investment portfolios, leading client meetings, executing on follow-up items, and monitoring client progress. The advisor is not responsible for the sales process but should focus on serving existing clients and driving retention and relationship growth. The advisor will also support the firm’s lead advisors to assist with complex research and planning for existing clients. The advisor must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, team-focused environment where multiple priorities may be competing. The advisor must be focused on a client-first approach and commit to the SFP firm process of financial planning, investment management, and service.
Compensation will include base salary, performance bonus opportunity and benefits.
Roles and Responsibilities
Financial Advice and Client Service (70%)
- Client Management
- Manage and monitor client’s service level agreement to ensure client service plan is executed. Use CRM (client relationship management system) to document and set a timeline for deliverables.
- Prepare for client meetings – coordinate various SFP teams that need to be involved and contribute materials.
- Run client meetings to review – financial plan, portfolio review, recommendations, ad hoc advice.
- Complete client review form, document client follow-ups, and ensure tasks are executed or delegated.
- Respond to ad hoc client requests (calls/emails).
- Interact with third-party advisors (CPAs, attorneys, etc.)
- Managing Assets
- Maintain a strong understanding of SFP investment portfolio strategies and match portfolio allocations to client risk objectives.
- Accountable for overseeing portfolio changes in a timely and accurate manner.
- Communicate investment strategies to clients and prospects.
- Review and communicate portfolio analysis to clients (in review or competitive situations).
- Participate in weekly investment committee meetings.
- Maintain awareness and up-to-date knowledge of capital markets for client discussions.
- Client Onboarding
- Conduct meetings, document, and initiate assigned client service team of the financial planner, service advisor, portfolio analyst, and operations specialist to set all internal expectations for executing the client onboarding.
- Accountable for all onboarding paperwork, overseeing assets transition, proper storage of documents, troubleshooting any complex issues, identifying requirements, following up with the client, documenting notes in CRM, and monitoring tasks.
- Accountable for beginning the financial planning process and coordinating/assisting the financial planner as needed.
- Participate in delivering the financial plan, document, and follow up on any recommendations/action items from meetings.
- Accountable for transitioning assets into the firm and coordinating with the investment team to ensure that assets are invested in accordance with the client’s risk objectives.
- Communicate with the client throughout the onboarding process.
- Document service level agreement and maintain notes within CRM to complete follow-ups.
Research and Client Projects (20%)
- Assist lead advisors on complex research projects or presentations for existing clients.
- Create thought-leadership pieces to share relevant information with clients.
Marketing and Business Development Support (10%)
- Generating and forwarding proposals to prospects. Participate in client kick-off meetings to determine next steps in client onboarding.
- Confirm new clients are successfully onboarded.
- Participate in prospect meetings as needed.
- Maintain a growth and business development mindset – looking for opportunities to grow current relationships.
- Participate in events, drive content, and be a thought leader.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years experience in servicing wealth management clients either at wirehouse, bank channel, RIA/independent, insurance, or retirement channel. This could be as a customer representative, relationship manager, paraplanner, or junior advisor.
- Client operations, financial planning, and investment communication experience.
- Technology experience: Microsoft Office, CRM (salesforce or other), account management systems, investment research (Morningstar, Factset, Bloomberg, others), financial planning software (eMoney preferred)
- Currently have securities licenses and aspire to obtain the CFP.
- Looking to growth within the financial advisory business.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, related field (however experience and aptitude more important)
- Experience working with LPL Financial is an added plus.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about working with people, and high emotional intelligence/empathy
- Experience with fundamentals of financial planning and investment management
- Strong research capabilities
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Ability to work independently and balance competing priorities
- Time management skills
- Desire to work within the team structure
Please submit a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position. We will review applications on a rolling basis.