The Paraplanner works closely with the Advisor and other team members to ensure a superior client experience during the financial planning process. The Paraplanner is responsible for the data gathering, analysis, preparation and delivery of a financial plan. The Paraplanner collaborates with the advisor to prepare for client meetings to present the Financial Plan. The Paraplanner will assist the Advisor in making recommendations to the client. Paraplanner and Advisor function as a team to provide high levels of client satisfaction to exceed agreed-to service standards and ensure client loyalty.
Ensure the delivery of high-quality Financial Plans to our clients
- Meet with Advisor to discuss the client’s financial planning engagement
- Complete and send all required compliance documents to client
- Oversee and manage the data gathering process.
- Organize and analyze personal and financial client data
- Enter financial data into the eMoney financial planning software
- Communicate with clients during the financial planning process to request additional information and for clarification of data points.
- Work closely with the Advisor to review questions and to review first draft of Financial Plan.
- Draft recommendations and next steps for client meeting, review with Advisor
- Obtain Insurance Quotes as needed
- Prepare Financial Presentation meeting agenda
- Coordinate meeting time with client to present Financial Plan
Perform analysis and/or conduct research to prepare client-specific solutions
- Assist with research and gain understanding to present insurance needs analysis
- Assist with research on various financial planning topics
Ensure proper record-keeping and adherence to policies, processes, and procedures
- Ensure clients’ electronic folders are properly organized and maintained.
- Ensure desk and online documentation are kept in good order including scanning of client documentation.
- Identify needed improvements and/or updates to policies, processes, and procedures. Work with all team members to ensure clear communication, understanding, and adherence.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, business-related (accounting, economics, finance, etc.) preferred
- 3+ years of experience in the financial services industry OR in a similar position (accounting, economics, or finance etc.) in a financial services company or related industry.
- Experience in working with LPL Financial an added plus
Licenses and Certifications
- Life Insurance license an added plus
- Series 7 (GSRE) an added plus
- Registered Paraplanner (RP) designation an added plus
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work closely with Advisor and other team members
- Ability to work independently and balance competing priorities
- Must be analytical, a problem solver and critical thinker
- Must demonstrate a desire for client service and have a sense of stewardship
- Strong working knowledge of Mac environment and Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM preferred
- Must be able to work collaboratively with both the Advisor and the with other team members
- Must be able to adapt to different Advisors working styles and preferences
- Must be comfortable with changing schedules and priorities: have the ability to handle urgent client requests and then quickly return to planned activities for the day.