Who We Are
Shepherd Financial Partners is looking for its next team member to join our hardworking, motivated and community-focused team of financial advisors, investment professionals, and dedicated service team members. We are committed to providing personalized financial plans to help our clients achieve their goals and live the lives they have always dreamed. Joining Shepherd Financial Partners not only means working with brilliant seasoned and young professionals, but learning from and being supported by all members of the team to grow and build your career. Every role plays a critical part in the success of the firm, and we champion a community where every voice and opinion is heard and valued.
The trader’s primary responsibility is executing trade recommendations for both firm portfolio strategies and ad-hoc client accounts directed by Financial Advisors. The trader will be responsible for executing trades in a timely and accurate fashion per the direction of the firm’s investment committee and/or financial advisors.
In addition to trading responsibilities, the trader will also support Shepherd Financial Partners’ investment committee by preparing reports and analyses that support the investment process and performance. Individuals should also work proactively to enhance our investment and trading process to manage orders and workflows more effectively. The trader must be comfortable with changing priorities, and have the ability to handle an urgent requests and then quickly return to planned activities for the day.
Above all, the trader will demonstrate a passion for financial markets and always act prudently and ethically to serve the best interests of our clients.
Compensation will include base salary, performance bonus opportunity and benefits.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute all trades for the RIA, whether they directed by the investment committee for firm-wide strategies, ad-hoc Financial Advisor directed client trades or client-directed trades
- Ability to execute block orders across the firm account base while striving to:
- Achieve best execution
- Manage market liquidity
- Achieve accuracy for client execution
- Execute strategy rebalances in a timely and accurate manner
- Proactively manage cash levels in client accounts to facilitate ongoing distributions or contributions
- Perform tax-loss harvesting for client accounts at the direction of financial advisors
- Work with advisors to transition new client accounts into target strategies. This may include analysis of current asset allocation and capital gains budgeting
- Ability to document and track all trading tasks using the firm’s CRM
- Support the CIO in providing routine reporting materials
- Maintain firm trading compliance procedures including:
- Trade blotter reporting
- Trade error reporting and reconciliation
- Firm trade log
- Provide regular reporting on allocation drift in firm investment portfolios to manage risk. on complex research projects or presentations for existing clients
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, business-related (finance, accounting, or economics) preferred
- 1-4 years of experience in the financial services industry. Experience in trading, investment analysis
- Working knowledge of financial markets, including stocks, bonds, ETFs, Mutual Funds, options, and alternative investments
- Working knowledge of broker-dealer and investment advisory regulations
- Experience in working with LPL Financial an added plus
Licenses and Certifications:
- Currently working towards CFA, CFP, or similar industry related designation
- Series 7, 63 and 654 (or 66) is an added plus
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Must be able to learn new trading and investment research systems quickly
- Understanding of investment-related tax impacts – short term and long-term capital gains
- High level of attention to detail and organization skills
- Strong communication, prioritization and accuracy in work
- Problem-solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personable with a flexible style of working with others
- Ability to work independently and balance competing priorities
- Very reliable and self-motivated
Please submit a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position. We will review applications on a rolling basis.