Who We Are
Shepherd Financial Partners is looking for its next team member to join our hardworking, motivated, and community-focused team of financial advisors, investment professionals, and dedicated service team members. We are committed to providing personalized financial plans to help our clients achieve their goals and live the lives they have always dreamed. Joining Shepherd Financial Partners not only means working with brilliant seasoned and young professionals, but also learning from and being supported by all members of the team to grow and build your career. Every role plays a critical part in the success of the firm, and we champion a community where every voice and opinion is heard and valued.
The Operations Specialist takes direction from the Advisor and Client Services Manager to ensure the client has a superior experience. This includes being responsible for the client onboarding process and supporting documentation to successfully establish investment accounts and prepare for the ongoing relationship. The Operations Specialist, Client Services Manager, and Advisor function as a team to provide high levels of client satisfaction to meet or exceed agreed-to service standards and ensure client loyalty.
Roles and Responsibilities
Ensure the high-quality onboarding of new clients or adding additional services (60%)
- Receive tasks from Advisor and Client Services Manager after client meetings/phone calls to accurately complete account applications, asset transfer forms, beneficiary designations, move money forms, etc.
- Conduct client meetings to complete Intake Form/New Account form for new clients.
- Draft correspondence and serve as a liaison between advisors and clients to ensure communication and subsequent completion of action steps.
- Ensure accounts are accurately established, client services are set up correctly and are clearly communicated.
- Handle client-initiated transactions including processing incoming contributions, facilitating account distributions, journaling of assets between accounts, etc.
- Oversee and manage the asset transfer process. Establish rapport with custodial contacts to ensure timely and accurate completion of requests and resolve outstanding issues. Update the Advisor during the process, including when all client assets have arrived in order for them to initiate investing.
- Regularly update Advisor on status of tasks.
- Accurately complete life insurance and annuity applications and gain knowledge on different processes and products.
Establish and maintain a high-quality relationship with new and existing clients (30%)
- Manage inbound and outbound phone calls in a professional and courteous manner. Direct calls to the appropriate parties and conduct necessary follow up to satisfy client requests.
- Work to develop strong relationships with clients to earn their trust and confidence.
- Participate in client meetings as necessary in order to enhance the relationship.
- Proactively assist in maintaining Advisor’s business relationships by scheduling calls as needed.
- Ability to plan and resolve unexpected problems quickly and efficiently.
Ensure proper recordkeeping and adherence to policies and procedures (10%)
- Ensure Redtail CRM and related workflow databases are updated accurately and on a timely basis.
- Manage and update client info; address changes, contact info, etc.
- Ensure desk and online documentation are kept in good order including scanning and faxing client documentation.
- Periodically review client data and files for completeness and accuracy.
- Identify needed improvements and/or updates to policies, processes, and procedures. Work with all team members to ensure clear communication, understanding, and adherence.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, business related (finance, accounting, or marketing, etc.) preferred.
- Experience in working with LPL Financial, a Registered Investment Advisory Firm or a Wealth Management/Financial Planning Firm an added plus.
- Background in customer service, operations, or administrative assistance in the finance, accounting, or wealth management field.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Takes initiative to pro-actively problem solve with minimal direction.
- Must demonstrate a desire for client service and have a sense of stewardship.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills. Ability to work independently and balance competing priorities.
- Must be process oriented and able to work in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Comfortable with technology and paperless office operations.
- Comfortable communicating with advisors, clients, vendors, and coworkers.
- Understands audience and uses respectful negotiation skills for the best outcome.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Working knowledge of Redtail CRM preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Excel required.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with both the Advisor and within the broader team.
- Must be comfortable with changing schedules and priorities; The Client Operations Specialist/Onboarding Specialist must have the ability to handle an urgent client request and then quickly return to planned activities for the day.
A complete application must include a cover letter (also referred to as a statement of purpose) and resume. You must be willing to work in office at 1004 Main St. Winchester, MA.
Please apply directly through Indeed