As you begin your divorce process, one of your first steps will be to establish your divorce team.
When choosing your team, consider your legal, financial, and emotional requirements. Your team of professionals may include a lawyer, mediator, therapist, and Certified Divorce Financial Analyst®, CDFA®.
About R. Mark Shepherd, CFP®, CDFA®
As a CDFA® professional, Mark advises the divorce team and works to unravel the many complicated financial issues that come with divorce.
The Role of a CDFA®
- During the initial stages of divorce, Mark provides input on financial terms such as child support, alimony, and the division of assets based on current law and the family’s financial situation.
- As the divorce progresses, Mark provides financial guidance to the team and analyzes the financial impact of decisions being made both in terms of the near-term effects and the impact on the financial future of the family.
- During negotiations, Mark can be instrumental in finalizing a workable settlement by providing expert knowledge and fact-based analysis.
As a CDFA®, Mark provides analysis on:
- Property division and the short-term and long-term effects.
- Matrimonial home affordability and alternatives where applicable.
- Complex income situations including deferred compensation.
- Tax liabilities and the consequences of divorce.
- Pension and retirement plan assets.
- Educational needs and the impact on future planning.
- Proposed settlement terms and the financial impact, both near-term and far.
Once you begin your new chapter after divorce, we would be honored to provide wealth management and financial planning services as your trusted financial advisory firm.Call Us Today to Plan For Your Tomorrow